We are looking for a professional Line Cook !!
Line Cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers
. High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· 2-4 years related experience and/or training in a healthcare setting preferred
· Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
· Must be able to read and write and follow written instructions.
· Able to communicate effectively
· Ability to read and understand recipes.
. Familiar with industry’s best practices
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Walks, stands, for long periods of time.
· Must be able to tolerate a noisy, hot, humid environment; as well as cold temperatures from refrigerators and freezers.
· Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds.
The Glenridge on Palmer Ranch is an exciting place to work, learn, be happy and flourish! We have been awarded the “Best Retirement Community” for 12 years in a row! Don’t miss this opportunity to work with an exciting team and make a positive difference in the lives of our members and the Sarasota community.
Here are just some of the best reasons to join the Glenridge Team….
Excellent Benefits (Full-time Employees), benefits effective first of the month following 30 days of employment:
– Paid Time Off
– Free Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
– Reasonably Priced Health Insurance
– Low-cost Dental Insurance
– and much, much, more
The Glenridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Work Place.
|Job Category||Dining Services|